Sic Bo is a dice game which is available to play at most North American Casinos either online or in a live gaming environment. Three dice are used in Sic Bo and players must place bets on the numbers that they think will appear on the dice when they are thrown by the dealer using the layout on the betting board. Players must know how to place bets properly in order to ensure success in this game, and of course, like with betting in Roulette and other similar games, the odds of winning vary with each bet.
Sic Bo is a game that's easy to play - but that doesn't mean it's easy to play properly and win. However, by trying the following Strategy players can improve their chances:
- Understand the types of bets that can be made in Sic Bo - there are 7 in total and each have very different odds. Know which ones are more likely to payout regularly
- Strategy: The best way to win in Sic Bo is to stick with the Large or Small Sic Bo bets, these have the smallest house advantage at 2.8% giving players a better chance of winning something! To make money, other types of bets shouldn't be played - that is, unless you're a player with money to spend looking to take a risk and hoping to hit a big jackpot
- Understand how the game basically works - players can bet on one of the 6 dice sides, and if their number comes up they are paid 1:1; and the potential payoff increases if their number comes up on a pair of dice since they are paid 2:1. Likewise, if all 3 dice have the same number the payoff is 3:1; but the higher the payoff, the higher the house edge, with this bet ranking in at 7.8%
- Strategy: Another type of Sic Bo bet requires players to bet on a combination of 2 numbers which must come up on any of the 2 dice. For players with less money to spend hoping for a win, this type of bet is not recommended with a house edge of 16.6%. The payout is 5 to 1, but the chances of landing it are slim!
- Betting on numbers for all the dice is the most likely way to win at Sic Bo, but the house edge is the highest so it's also a riskier bet. The house edge for this type of bet ranges between 9.7% and 47.2%. However, if these numbers come up which players have bet on the payoff can be as high as 6:1 or even 50:1, but you've got to be winning to take a big risk!
- Strategy: The next Sic Bo bet is a wager of \"Small\" or \"Big,\" which means that if you bet on Small, you\'re wagering that the three dice will total between 4 and 10. Big bets win if the dice total between 11 and 17. However, you lose if any triple appears. That means if three twos or threes or any other three-of-a-kind comes up, you lose, even though the total might constitute a small or big win. But even with the catch thrown in, the big and small bets are the best at the Sic Bo table, giving the house a rather reasonable 2.7% edge.
- Another type of bet is the six triplets where players must hit a 3 of a kind bet. It's the hardest to win at and the real odds are 215:1, but of course, if players win at this bet, the payout is huge at 150:1. The house edge is 30% on the three of a kind bet