American Roulette is a game that many people will recognize. It involves a spinning wheel with numbered and colored slots. Players bet based on where they think the ball will land on the wheel when it is dropped on it.
American Roullete game differs from European Roulette in that is has 38 numbers on the wheel, including 1 to 36 used in European Roulette, but with the addition of 0 and 00. Because of this difference, American Roulette also gets the name Double Zero Roulette.
American Roulette is especially popular, because it gives players the opportunity to feel like they're high-rollers even if they're betting the table minimum. American Roulette just feels like a classy game right out of the movies, that deliver players the real Las Vegas experience! What also makes it a great game, is that it's easy to learn as you go, so it's a game that anyone can play!
Rules: How to Play American Roulette
In Roulette, players' only involvement is to bet on where they think the ball will land on the Roulette wheel. They can bet a specific number, choose even/odd, or select the colors red/black. To place a bet, players set the chips that are given to them by the dealer, so each player has distinguishable chips, in the betting areas on the Roulette table.
Rules: Betting options in Roulette include:
- Straight up bet - involves placing a betting chip on just one number (1-39, 0 or 00)
- Split bet - in Roulette, you can choose to bet on more than one number using the same betting chip. For a split bet, place the betting chip so it straddles the line dividing the 2 numbers
- Corner bet - a corner bet involves betting on 4 numbers. To make this bet, a chip must be placed in the area where the 4 corners of the 4 different number's spaces meet
- Five bet - to place a bet on 0,00, 1, 2 and 3 a chip must be placed on the line between 0 and the first row that intersects it
- Line bet - a line bet involves betting on 6 different numbers, divided into 2 rows of 3 numbers. To place this bet, a chip can be placed on the inner left boundary line where the 2 rows intersect
- Column bet - to place a column bet, use the boxes that label the column numbers at the bottom of the betting area. If any numbers in the column you chose land on the Roulette wheel, then the payoff is 2:1. But if 0 or 00 is hit, you lose.
- Dozen bet - At the bottom of the betting area there are boxes labeled "1st 12" "2nd 12" or "3rd 12". A payoff is received if any number in the 12 is hit, and the payout is also 2:1 with 0 and 00 being losing numbers
- Red/Black, Low/High, Even/Odd - betting on each of these categories covers a total of 18 numbers. If 0 or 00 is landed on with the Roulette wheel, you lose, but any numbers landed on covered in these bets payout 1:1.
Note: while in most games of American Roulette, 0 or 00 results in a loss, there is a surrender rule applied by some casinos. This means that if 0 or 00 is landed on, your whole bet is not lost, only half the bet is sacrificed.